Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Spurs Rule, by Mike Nawrocki

Jerome, you have to respond to this. I'm working hard here putting this stuff on your blog.

Here's a title: why Spurs Don't Rule, by Jerome.

An e-mail from a crazed Spurs fan in south Texas:

You better get on the stick with your blog, Bub. I finally found it and you refuse to update it. Come on, they won the Western Conference Finals, doesn’t that deserve some kind of entry? The coverage here has been great. Academy Sports ran out of their Spurs paraphernalia the first day (they sold a million dollars in Spurs gear). The caps look pretty nice. People have gone Spurs nuts, but as usual, they express this as emphatic waving, smiling and cheering. Got to love San Antonio.

Spurs fans are as great and compassionate as any group of fans I know, although I may be slightly biased.

And I do have a lame excuse for not blogging, even as the Spurs blazed past Phoenix. The computer was in a bag for over a week as I sanded off all the joint compound in the office. There is still a lot of work to be done in this room (Bob Vila I ain't), but at least there is a place to hook-up our laptop again. And then I was in Chicago and was at Grinnell's Ten Year Reunion weekend for Emily's class (she graduated in 1995, so it was technically my 11 year reunion, although I was the sole visitor from 1994).

I have a few things worth posting from the reunion weekend, as does Emily, I'm sure. Eventually I'll get around to that.

But that is neither here nor there. The point of this post is to say I hope to start posting with some regularity and
SPURS RULE!!!!!


Where's Shaq? Where's Kobe? Bring on the Pistons!!!!!!

This should be a great Finals. I don't know if I can take the stress. When the Spurs were in the 1999 and 2003 Finals it was foregone conclusion they'd beat the inferior Eastern Conference opponent. Not so this time. Detroit is tough, battle-tested, and there defense is a good as any north of the Alamo.

Ironically, the Pistons/Spurs series will feature two of the greatest defensive teams in recent memory. The irony being they both share nicknames of things that make things go.

To hell with irony. To hell with the Pistons.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home